KidZinc School Age Care Society of Alberta is a licensed and registered charitable non-profit society.
KidZinc serves families with elementary school age children through the provision of quality out of school care.
Established in 1975 serving 15 children, KidZinc has since grown to offer out of school care to 300 children in 7 different locations in southwest Calgary.
All KidZinc programs are licensed and accredited.
Mission: KidZinc is an accredited organization providing emergent learning opportunities in a safe environment.
Vision: A leading provider of accessible inspired quality care for school aged children.
KidZinc upholds the following values in its program delivery:
- Safety – ensuring children are safe at all times while participating in our programs
- People – a leading employer of dedicated child care professionals
- Dedicated – providing sustainable quality care to school aged children
- Inspired – offering staff and children opportunities to be creative and innovative while having fun.
Our staff are our most valuable resource. KidZinc strives to hire staff who are committed to the child care profession and have long term goals to work in the sector.
The majority of our staff have post-secondary education in a Early Childhood Education, Education, Social Work, Psychology, and a variety of other social science fields.
All our staff are certified at minimum as Child Development Assistants, and have current Police Security Clearances and First Aid certification.
Board of Directors
As a non-profit society, KidZinc is governed by a Board of Directors. Board members are parents of children in the program or members of the community at large. Board members are elected annually in November at the KidZinc AGM. Board members serve a 12 month term and may serve up to six consecutive terms.
Specifically the Board of Directors:
- Develops a strategic plan for the organization
- Oversees the recruitment and performance of the Executive Director
- Develops Board policies and procedures
- Oversees the financial activities of the organization
- Holds regular meetings, including the AGM
- Promotes the organization in the community.
If you are interested in joining the Board of Directors or would like more information, please email email@example.com.